Thursday, November 20, 2014

bathroom remodel

Earlier I had posted a blog about our lil house and some DIY I've been doing. I really wish I had taken some before pics but, I never thought I'd really share it with the world!
Lol
Back in Feb 2014, I decided to sink some money 💵 into the house and start fixing it up. I wish I was rich sometimes so I could have my "dream" house or bathroom! But, at the same time I am also humbled and thankful because, it may not be the best of the best, but, it's ours, and my daughter and I did it ourselves!
Since money was tight, we saved money by looking at clearance paint at Lowe's and WalMart. We found this sage green color for 20.00.
Green? Ugh, wasn't excited at all!
(now I have green everywhere)
We attempted sponge painting the walls.... And, I really ended up loving it!
There was this huge ugly medicine cabinet right behind the toilet! I hated it. Every time you sat on the toilet you would hit your head! We removed it just to discover my bathroom mirror almost took up that whole wall!! Just by removing that cabinet and having that huge mirror made my bathroom look so much bigger!
I had some black home made shelves that were already here when we bought the house. I was gonna paint them but got lazy. After I added them back, I loved the black accent! So, I started to incorporate black in with the decor
For flooring we just got those cheap peel and stick squares
Looks pretty good, huh?
After adding a new shower curtain, rug, accent towels, and a few odds and ends, my bathroom was complete, and all for under 100.00! Not to bad!
I'm pretty proud of it. I do believe the best part was getting to do it with my daughter though!
Y'all got any cool DIY ideas you wanna share?
Muahs

No comments:

Post a Comment