Saturday, December 20, 2014

#SubscriptionBoxSaturday Dec birchbox😘

Hey y'all!! Are you super excited?? I know everyone is probably super busy this weekend, you know, last min shopping, traveling for Christmas....ect! If you're in ga and out and about, be safe! It's wet and nasty in my neck off the woods! Ok ok, drum roll please.......

December 2014 birchbox!!!

For those of you who don't know, birchbox is a 10.00 a month subscription box. You get a box every month filled with 4-5 deluxe samples of makeup, skin care, hair care! The best part that i love about birchbox is their point system. Every time you do a review on a product, purchase a product, our have a friend sign up....you get points. These points add up and you can get goodies for free!! If you like what you see and wanna sign up,  click here! 

I was pretty happy with this month's box. It had more hair products then I'd like, but.....that's ok by me! December's theme was decked out! Let's get into the products!

Lord & Berry Paillettes Eye Pencil

Birchbox Breakdown

It’s hard to improve on classic black—unless, of course, you dress it up with a bit of sparkle. (Because really, what doesn’t get better with glitter?) This creamy liner has an onyx hue and is flecked with subtle shimmer, for a look that’s alluring, festive—and leaves basic black in the (glimmering) dust.

How it Works

This richly pigmented pencil glides on smooth, and the long-lasting, smudgeproof formula stays firmly in place all day (or evening) long. Minute pieces of glitter add an unmistakable sparkle for a glamorous, but not overdone, finish.

How to Use

Glide along your lash line to define your eyes—and give them an extra twinkle.

Editor's Tip

We love using this pencil to top off a matte smoky eye, for a smoldering finish with an unexpected shimmer.

Omg! LOVE!  I don't care how old i get, i think I'll always love shimmer(despite what fads say) lol this is such a pretty liner.  I wore this the other night to my son's christmas concert. I wore it on my top lids winged out just a little. It had just a hint of shimmer! So cute!! Here is a swatch:

Really pigmented and it glides on smoothly.

RUSK® Texture Spray 
1.5oz

Birchbox Breakdown

A great cut is essential to maintaining your hairstyle, but don’t number your good hair days to those spent in the salon. Keep it in shape between visits with this finishing spray, which adds of texture and volume without leaving hair stiff. Whether you have a pixie cut or you’re sporting long locks, the medium-hold formula will help you make the most of your style.

How it Works

This talc-free spray is safe to use on color-treated hair. It’s made with hydrolyzed quinoa, silk amino acids, and keratin to prevent premature color from fading and boost moisture levels. Silica texturizes hair and leaves behind a matte finish.

How to Use

Shake the can vigorously. Spray on your roots, or mist all over to lock in your style.

Ok,  my opinion....i don't wear hair spray......so, not over joyed.
I did try it though. And honestly....i did use it on my roots for volume. Does it's job! It really does. It just left my hair feeling like i slept in Hairspray. So,  not the biggest fan!😞

amika Nourishing Mask

Birchbox Breakdown

When it comes to hair health, split ends and dryness are two of our worst enemies. Fight both with this nourishing, all-natural hair mask from amika. Packed with sea buckthorn berry and jojoba oil, it intensely hydrates strands while repairing damage and sealing frayed ends. Best of all, it’s free of parabens and other unwanted chemicals that have no place near your head.

How it Works

The star ingredient is sea buckthorn berry, which has been used for centuries to heal wounds, treat sunburns, and slow the aging process. No wonder: it’s chock-full of omegas 3, 6, 9, and 7and vitamins C and E. Together, they treat hair from the inside out to give your locks a healthy luster that can’t be beat.

How to Use

Once a week, slather on this repairing mask, concentrating on mid-shaft to ends of hair. If you’re dealing with serious tangles, gently brush through with a wide-toothed comb. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

I love hair masks! I'm trying to focus more on taking care of my hair. I honestly think i overlook it sometimes. Unfortunately i haven't used this yet. I'm excited to though! I'll update you as soon as i do!

TOCCA Crema da Mano - Hand Cream

Birchbox Breakdown

Along with the usual suspects found in our handbags—lip gloss, keys, cell phone, compact—we have a spot reserved for this must-have hand cream too. It leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth and comes in a variety of amazing scents.

How it Works

The secret to this intensely hydrating cream is an indulgent blend of shea butter, avocado oil, and aloe. Choose from Cleopatra (grapefruit and cucumber), Stella (blood orange), Giulietta (pink tulip and green apple), Bianca (green tea and lemon), and Florence (bergamot and gardenia).

How to Use

Slip it into your handbag, tote, wherever. It’s the perfect travel-size cream to treat your hands to a little pampering on-the-go.

Omg, I've been really looking for some good lotion this month. I don't know if it's because I'm older, but, my hands and feet feel extremely dry this year!! I can't stand it!! I use the Olay lotion right now, which......I'm not really liking. So.  Thumbs up birchbox👍 it smells like cucumber and leaves my hands smooth and silky feeling!! Love it!!

Time for my favorite item from birchbox this month!!!!!

Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge

Birchbox Breakdown

We love a classic gloss as much as the next girl, but there’s something about shine-free lips that gives our style a dash of modern chic. This lip color from Aussie brand Mirenesse lets us rock the matte lip look in an on-trend, foolproof way. The smooth, hydrating formula glides over lips for a polished look makes an oh-so-modern statement.

How it Works

This velvety color is formulated to stay in place all day—no lip liner required! The mousse-like texture fills in fine lines for fuller lips while a proprietary blend of Gel-lite technology delivers vibrant color that doesn’t fade or feather.

How to Use

Sweep wand over clean lips for an even coat of color. Mix hues to get your very own shade, or add a dot of a lighter hue in the center of each lip for a fashion-forward ombré look.

Here is a swatch:

Ok, first thoughts......
Any girl wants a good lip gloss! But i HATE sticky glosses!! This is perfect! Glides on so smooth and makes your lips feel so soft! NOT sticky!! Made me such a happy girl!
I got the color new York. I mean it's pretty red. In the winter I'm so pale complicated, I've always been scared of reds and bold colors!! But, it's really a pinkish red if you blot it right after you apply it. And the staying power.......great! You gotta wait 15sec for it to set!

This is without blotting

My lips blotted. I've been wearing it everywhere!!

And,remember the swatch i did on my hand for y'all? Well.....forgot about it and did the dishes........

This is after.......so, yea, it stays!!

Great job this month birchbox!! Don't forget, it's 10.00 a month for great products like this every month!  click here to sign up now! 

Enjoy your Saturday y'all!!

Muahs!

Oh yea!! Birchbox and the Gap gave all subscribers 10.00 to spend at the Gap....thanks y'all! Merry Christmas to Gap and Birchbox!


Melissa aka maduke

No comments:

Post a Comment