Thursday, December 11, 2014

Manicure time!!!!!!!! winter wonderland with a Christmas twist

I just did my nails( y'all already know I needed it) and I thought Id try and do a little tutorial for y'all! Please, this is my first ever tutorial so, feed back will be great!!  Thanks in advance:)


I really love the snow nail designs everyone is doing, but, I wanted my snow a little more like Christmas.  This is my winter wonderland with a twist. lol

Before you get started you will need:

  • a light blue nail polish (I used NYC in a new york min in the color NY blues)
  • a white nail polish (I used my Julep polish in the color Isla 3151)
  • a green polish (I used L.A.Colors art deco in NA918 bright green)
  • red polish (I used Nicka K in NY139)
  • a gold polish (I used Broadway nails. not sure of the color since the sticker is gone.  But, it is a gold shimmery color)
  • a glitter top coat (I used NYC in 105 starry silver glitter)
  • a dotting tool         
I had to remove my old nasty polish......so, I used the family dollar brand polish remover.  I really love the kind I got because it has Argan Oil in it.  It is very moisturizing. Once you remove your polish, wash and dry your hands.  before I start adding polish I use a good body butter on my hands.  Ive been loving my Laura Ashley Italian Lemon. I received it in one of my beauty box 5s, I believe last month??



begin by painting all your nails with your blue color

Once my blue dried I took my dotting tool and my white color to make snow

use your dotting tool to go across the tips of your pointer, middle, and pinkie finger.  I like this Julep polish because it has a pearl look to it.  Looks slightly frozen.  Once you do your tips, go in with your dotting tool and make different size dots for snow falling.

Now, on your thumb and ring finger, make a Christmas tree.  You can use a stencil, tape, nail tattoos, anything......but, I just free handed mine.  I used the green for the tree....red & gold for ornaments and the black as the base
sorry, just did a group photo for these colors


Once everything dries, take your glitter top coat and paint from the cuticle to were the white on the tips start.  This helps give the awesome icy snow look!!

And that's it!! Add a clear top coat once it dries to help make your manicure last longer!!!!

I hope I did OK on this tutorial for y'all.......Id love to see if anyone tries it.  If you snap a picture, tag me and maybe I could feature you on my next nail blog!!!
instagram: maduke1205
twitter: foolishcuckoo

or you can email me at lissaand39@gmail.com Just please put the subject nails so I know what it is!!!  I cant wait to see how y'all's turns out!!!!

MUAHS!




No comments:

Post a Comment