Tuesday, November 4, 2014

service

Now, think about it. I'm a disabled mother to three kids. I hate to ask for help when I need it. Ya know? But, things always work out somehow. So, Monday.... After running around all day and paying bills I was drained!! !! So, when I got a text from a friend of mine asking if I could use the truck and help her move....i was like ugh! I'll do anything for my friends! But, we ask get tired. Ya know?? Well, I remembered something I read from www.mormon.org

Helping Others

"When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17




We Can All Help


Calling yourself a Christian brings with it the duty and the privilege of a lifetime of service.

Jesus Christ said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). This doesn't mean we have to die to show our love for our friends. We lay down our lives every time we put someone else's needs before our own. (And the "friends" mentioned in the scripture above can be understood to be everyone we meet, since Jesus also commanded us to "love one another.")

We lay down our lives through service. Church members have many opportunities to serve. We can do small acts of kindness for our neighbors, take part in community service, fulfill responsibilities within our local congregations or contribute to the Church's large-scale humanitarian efforts. These actions, whether great or small, let us feel the happiness of connecting with our brothers and sisters and remind us that God often allows us to be the answer to someone else’s prayers.
Every morning when I pray, I ask Heavenly Father to allow me to help bless someone somehow.... So, guess what?? Even though I was tired.... My prayers were answered so, I went and helped. I can honestly say I am glad I did. Not only was I able to help my friend in need.... We got to laugh and spend time together as well.
So, remember to help others when you can. I know that's what we are supposed to do and you will be blessed in the long run!
Muaha!👄

No comments:

Post a Comment